|Residential Energy Purchasing Cooperative|
A New Cost-Saving Opportunity for Catholic School Employees
Maryland's deregulation laws provide energy choice options, allowing you to lower the supply portion of your utility bill by switching to a licensed 3rd party supplier. Through a unique relationship with our local energy consulting firm, CQI Associates, the Mid Atlantic Catholic School Consortium is excited to offer their residential energy cooperative to our Catholic school employees, families and friends.
How Does the Cooperative Reduce Energy Costs?
Purchasing cooperatives stimulate competition for electricity or natural gas supply services in the residential marketplace. By leveraging the combined purchasing power of the group over that of the individual, the Consortium's cooperative will be able to obtain competitive pricing. Cooperatives are cost efficient because technical support, expertise, and other costs are shared by the group.
Working with CQI Associates, the Consortium’s energy purchasing cooperative will select a licensed energy supplier that is offering to sell electricity or natural gas at a lower price than the Standard Offer Service Rate offered by the local utility company. This will reduce the cost of your electric and/or natural gas supply (it will not reduce the cost of the delivery service provided by your local utility). The energy market is favorable, so enroll now to attain competitive rates.
Who Can Benefit from the Energy Purchasing Cooperative?
- If you reside in Maryland, and live in the Allegheny Power/Potomac Edison, BGE, Delmarva Power, Pepco and/or BGE Natural Gas or Washington Gas service territory you can enroll in the program.
- If you reside in Delaware, and live in the Delmarva Power service territory you can enroll in the program.
- If you reside in the District of Columbia, and live in the Pepco and/or Washington Gas service territory you can enroll in the program.
How Do I Enroll in the Cooperative?
You can enroll in the program by completing the online application, which takes about 5-8 minutes. There is no application fee to join!
- You can obtain a fixed rate that is good for 12 months from the time of enrollment.
- To complete the application, you will need a copy of a recent electricity or natural gas bill.
- When you complete the application, please list the archdiocese or diocese in which your school is located as your employer.
- Once your online enrollment is complete, you will receive a confirmation email from your new supplier.
► Click to complete the online enrollment application today.
If you have any difficulties with the application process, contact CQI Associates via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Customer Service Line at 410-740-0667.